A bit more sparkle



For the mid month reminder of the Penny Black and More  "sparkle" challenge, I have made this cute card. There are several prizes up for grabs this month and you do not have to use a Penny Black stamp to participate.
I used Penny Black "Flowers for Mimi" stamp which is one of my favourites. I have also used  CREALies dies to cut my flowers and leaves. There are five flowers on one die and you certainly get your money's worth. I cut the flowers in white and then again in deep Orange. I creased down the centre of the petals to give dimension to the flowers.
 I have not done any paper piercing for a while so added some around my image and across my card. I added small diamanties to some sparkly trim  and stickles glitter glue to the flowers around my image. Butterflies by Flonzecraft and a sentiment finished it off. Mimi looks a bit sick in this picture but it was taken on a dull day and it seemed to take out the lovely colour on her face.

10 comments:

susiestacey said...

Lovely cheerful card x Susan x

brenda said...

Your colouring of the image carries the colours of the flowers beautifully Shirley.

B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so darn cute Shirley.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Mervi said...

Cute card with beautiful flowers;-))m

Whisper said...

Aaaah what a cutie and such super colours too, Luv Sam x

Ellibelle said...

Such a sweet card Shirley, darling image!

Bridie said...

Lovely card, your flowers really pop!

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Have a Great day!

Hugs

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

Anonymous said...

this is a very cute card! i love the colours, flowers and sparkle - very spring-like.
linda

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I love the bright orange against the pastel green and brown and the little girl is so cute!

Emma x

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable card and image!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow